Registered Nurse - Post-Anesthesia Care Unit/Preoperative Services - Denver, CO.
Location – Denver, CO.
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Post-Anesthesia Care Unit/ Preoperative Services
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
Term - 10 Weeks (Option to Extend)
Full-time: 40 Hrs. Weekly
Shift- Days: Hours vary
Hours - 4x10s; start time will vary by location for shift; Preop start times could be 0600, 0630 or 0700; PACU: 0900 or 1000; Surgery Center: 0600, 0630 or 0700 Schedule Details: n/a Weekend Rotation: 2-weekend shifts in 10 week period
On-call Requirements: N/A Holidays Requirements: N/A Floating Requirements: Float to PreOp, PACU, Surgery Center
Experience Required: PreOp/PACU Experience
Experience Preferred: N/A License Required: CO RN Certificates Required: BLS, ACLS
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse - PACU - for a hospital located in Denver, CO. Below are additional details:
- Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Periop nursing departments which include Pre-op, recovery room and Phase ll for the main MCR OR' s and Cath labs requiring general Anesthesia
- Highlands Ranch main recovery room or pre-op/ ICU or PACU experience preference.
- PACU phase 1 and 2, prefer pre-op also.
- 2 years of RN experience strongly preferred
- Travel RN contract and Teaching hospital experience strongly preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- CPAN or CCRN preferred. Not required
- ASAP Start Date
- Bachelor' s degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred. Please confirm BSN is complete.
Job Duties/Skills and Abilities
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Skills and Abilities:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The facility serves the health care needs of the rapidly developing North Central Colorado. Since then, we have grown alongside the community to become a complete health care system, proudly providing care for all residents -- at every point in their lives. We believe healthy people are the foundation of a vibrant community, and the facility has been treating and healing the people in North Central Colorado for more than 150 years.
Today, the facility delivers preventative, primary and acute care services. We are committed to making our community a healthy place to live, work and raise a family. You' ll see that commitment in the programs we offer, through the care we provide and in our determination to achieve continuous improvement so our community always has the best care available.
As a comprehensive, integrated organization, we provide hospital and emergency care to the public, regardless of ability to pay. This integration promotes continuity of care for each patient and assures health care that is delivered in the most efficient, cost-effective setting.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.