Job Number: 12952848
Registered Nurse - Pediatrics ER - Needed Denver, CO.
Location – Denver, CO.
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Pediatrics, ER
Start Date – 01/06/2019 As soon as credentialing is complete
Weekend Rotation - At least every other weekend
Call - No Call
Hollidays - Assigned as needed
Floating - None
License Required: CO, Compact
Certificates Required: BLS, PALS
Experience Required: Strong NICU/ PICU. Strong peds IV skills, Neb exp, trach maintenance, underlying asthma issues in cold and flu season, complex patients at peds level
• RN-Pediatric ER. 13 weeks, 12-hour DAY shift. - 7a-7p
• RN-Pediatric ER. 13 weeks, 12-hour NIGHT shift. - 7p-7a
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse - Pediatrics ER - for a hospital located in Denver, CO. Below are additional details:
- Assessment: Collects pertinent data and information relative to the patient' s and family' s health or situation. Demonstrates proficient, skillful and rapid assessment in triage of patient problems and needs in the outpatient clinic, specialty care area, telephone health services setting, and/or ongoing care [Standard of Practice (SP) 1].
- Analyzes assessment data to determine actual or potential problems and issues. Prioritizing a focus on wellness, health promotion, chronic disease management, and disease prevention [SP 2].
- Identifies expected outcomes for an individualized plan for the patient/family, recognizing that the patient and family are in control regarding the choice and compliance with a care regimen [SP 3].
- Develops, intervenes, evaluates a plan of care in collaboration with patients, families, and other team members identifying actual and potential patient care needs. Updates the plan of care and documents in the approved format. Documents nursing activity and the patient' s response to nursing intervention. [SP 4].
- Ensures the plan of care reflects the cultural, spiritual, intellectual, age, educational, and psychosocial differences of individual patients, families, groups, and communities [SP 4].
- Implements identified plan. Establishes competencies and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients in accordance with National Jewish Health Policies and Procedures [SP 5].
- Conducts time-limited, episodic, individual nurse-patient encounters and interventions and frequently establish long-term relationships with patients, families, and caregivers [SP 5].
- Manages telephone communications including: assessing patient needs over the phone; providing appropriate advice, directing the patient to the appropriate level of care: communicating status to the physician: addressing prescription requests: documenting actions in approved format [SP 5].
- Coordination: facilitates access to appropriate medical and health care, nursing consultation /intervention, follow-up, and surveillance [SP 5a].
- Teaching: Provides patient education using methods and approaches recognizing the specific needs and concerns of the individual patient; supports the patient and caregiver (s) to become informed customers about the options, costs, risks, and benefits of health care services [SP 5b].
- Participates in projects, activities, committees, related to nursing and health care in clinical and organizational settings. Functions as a preceptor as assigned.
- Recommends evidenced-based practice and research strategies to improve nursing quality.
Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing required, BSN preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of recent and related Registered Nurse (RN) experience required. Different patient care areas may require a specific skillset experience.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Current Colorado Registered Nurse (RN) License or Compact License, and current CPR/BLS certification required. ACLS or PALS if applicable for specific unit required. Certification in a relevant specialty preferred.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.