Registered Nurse - PACU - Highlands Ranch, CO.
Highlands Ranch, CO
Location – Highlands Ranch, CO.
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Post-Anesthesia Care Unit/ Preoperative Services/ Inpatient PACU
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
Full-time: 72-80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
Shift- Days Hours vary 530am-830pm, plus call
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse - PACU - for a hospital located in Highlands Ranch, CO. Below are additional details:
- Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Periop nursing departments which include Pre-op, recovery room and Phase ll for the main MCR OR' s and Cath labs requiring general Anesthesia
- Highlands Ranch main recovery room or pre-op/ ICU or PACU experience preference.
- PACU phase 1 and 2, prefer pre-op also.
- 2 years of RN experience strongly preferred
- Travel RN contract and Teaching hospital experience strongly preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- CPAN or CCRN preferred. Not required
- ASAP Start Date
- Bachelor' s degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred. Please confirm BSN is complete.
Job Duties/Skills and Abilities
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Skills and Abilities:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
As an RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains.
At the Hospital, we help patients of all ages live extraordinary lives. The Hospital serves the community by combining the latest technology and innovation with the care of trusted, highly skilled physicians and staff. From our state-of-the-art birth center to our leading cancer expertise, the Hospital is ready to care for your family.
Established in 2019, the Hospital is an 87-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of diagnostic tests, surgeries and treatments for the communities of Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Roxborough, Sterling Ranch, Ken Caryl and Columbine.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.