Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery - Kansas City, Missouri
Location – Chillicothe, Missouri
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
Term - 13 Weeks
Hours - 12 Hour Shifts
Shift - Nights
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery - for a hospital located in Chillicothe, Missouri. Below are additional details:
- Accountable for utilizing the nursing process.
- Responsible for performing patient care delegating patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff.
- Responsible for coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- This clinical nurse demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures.
- In clinic setting, provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices.
- Responsible for telephone triage, patient flow, and coordination of patient care.
- Schedules emergent need patient appointments, identifies learning needs for patients and families, provide advice and recommendations, inserts intravenous access with medication administration and duties as assigned based on clinic need.
- Delegates tasks to clinical staff in accordance with demonstrated competencies and consideration to Scope of Practice. Subject matter expert for patient education, assessment, interpretation, and documentation of patient care and testing.
- Enters admission orders as directed by provider.
- Responsible for managing expired samples.
- Able to work in a team atmosphere as well as autonomously.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- May be responsible for covering Medical Assistant job duties, LPN job duties, or other office duties as needed.
Associate Degree (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
The 25-bed acute care hospital offers comprehensive care, including 24-hour emergency services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic testing, a spacious maternity unit, a Women' s Center featuring 3-D mammography, inpatient and outpatient surgery, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, an Intensive Care Unit featuring eICU, a specialty clinic, and primary care offices adjoining the facility.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.