Registered Nurse - Home Health - Janesville, WI.
Location – Janesville, WI.
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Home Health (RN with an ADN is Approved)
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
Shifts - Four (4) Ten (10) Hour shifts.
Schedule - Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon (Every or Every other weekend). To be determined during the phone interview.
Highly recommend that they have Mckesson knowledge.
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse - Home Health - for a hospital located in Morris WI. Below are additional details:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects and assesses patient data, formulates patient plan of care in partnership with the physician, including problems, interventions and measurable goals. Uses nursing process to evaluate patient' s condition and caregiver needs; makes revisions to plan of care.
- Plans for continuity of care with patient, caregiver, other interdisciplinary team members and community resources; implements the plan, maintains communications and evaluates care.
- Performs skilled nursing care and treatments (including infusion) as indicated in the patient' s plan of care and ordered by the physician.
- Teaches basic principles of palliative care and acute/chronic disease management for all age groups; adapting and applying information to the needs, interests and cultural patterns of the patient and family; guides patients and families toward self-help in the recognition of physical, emotional and environmental health problems. Teaches and validates patient and caregiver to assure safe delivery of care.
- Maintains required records and documentation; uses them appropriately for the care of patients and families. Documentation is submitted according to policy and orders are kept current.
- Organizes prioritizes and manages a patient caseload in an effective manner.
- Assists in skills validation and mentoring of other team members.
- Demonstrates proper use of PPE, handwashing and bag technique to promote infection control and safety.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety in the community and work environment.
- Assumes accountability for assigned equipment (medical and computer equipment, cell phone).
- Demonstrates appropriate use of medical supplies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Attends appropriate continuing education in-services regularly and maintains professional competencies set by department yearly.
- Must have transportation and ability to drive throughout agency service area.
- Shares responsibility for program outcomes as defined by strategic plan within the agency and in conjunction with the health system, the QI program and the agency budget.
- Assist with instruction of POC of HHA services
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN upon hire or BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program.
A minimum one year relevant experience preferred.
Licensed as a RN in the State of Wisconsin required (RN with an ADN is Approved)
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days
Maintain a valid driver' s license and reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance when requested.
Have and maintain an acceptable driving record per Mercy' s HR-01 Fleet Safety policy.
Passing the Driver' s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring).
Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or IL Health Care Workers Background Check.
Must be able to follow written/oral instructions.
The noise level in the work environment usually varies.
Occupational Exposure: Category A - All partners in the specified job classification have occupational exposure.
The Facility is a non-profit health care provider and hospital system based in Janesville, Wisconsin. It is a regional health care system with over 85 facilities serving a total of 50 communities throughout southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. As part of its diversified, vertically integrated system, Mercy Health operates over four core service areas: hospital-based service, clinic service, post-acute care, and retail.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.