Registered Nurse - Geriatrics Needed in Hamburg, NY
Location Hamburg, NY
Practice Type- Registered Nurse - Geriatrics
Start Date As soon as credentialing is complete
Term - 13 Weeks
Hours - 12 Hour Shifts
Shift - Nights 7: 00pm - 7: 00am
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse for a hospital located in Hamburg, NY. Below are additional details:
- The Unit Manager team member assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the Nursing services and oversight of social programming for all residents on his/her assigned unit; involves communication with physicians, families, co-workers and other Health Care professionals, management of nursing staff performance, evaluating and hiring and the termination of staff, responsible for nursing care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Possession of a State License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Interest or experience in geriatrics required, experience with dementia patients desirable.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Skills for supervising and coordinating care of residents required. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
- Assure responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a residents' nursing care plan, and the coordination of the interdisciplinary goals and approaches to the needs or health care problems of residents.
- Ensure the unit and environment is maintained in good order for the well being of staff and residents.
- Attend all meetings and required or preferred in-service training as requested by the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
The Facility is seeking a conscientious and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) for our Long Term Care Unit. This is a 35-bed unit.
The Facility is a premier skilled nursing facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York. This facility was awarded Best Nursing Homes for Short Stay Rehabilitation 2018-19. Currently, in the midst of a face-lift, the Facility is a quaint, friendly environment for both staff and residents alike.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.