Registered Nurse - Electrophysiology Lab
Location – Loveland Colorado
Practice Type- Registered Nurse, Electrophysiology Lab
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse, Electrophysiology Lab for a hospital located in Loveland Colorado. Below are additional details:
- EP RN experience with circulating and monitoring
- Active BLS
- Active ACLS
- Set up recorder, stimulator, RF generator and monitoring system on a standard case Program and use RF generator.
- Use recording screens and analyze recorded data on a standard case.
- Prepare patients for procedures, including training and education of studies and post-procedure follow-up.
- Read and interpret basic intracardiac signals and timing sequence.
- Assist physician with pacemaker insertion and pacemaker lead-generator changes. Assist physician with insertion of ICD devices.
- Use 3-D mapping system on a standard case within 12 months. Maintain inventory for supplies, working with product staff. Adhere to expected and established protocols related to patient safety goals, fall and skin precautions, restraint use and medication administration.
- Provide education to patient and family, using population-specific criteria.
- Provide excellent customer service through prompt and thoughtful assistance to patients and families utilizing the principles of patient and family-centered care core concepts.
- Document care provided, per established guidelines. Identify and implement opportunities for needed practice changes based on current evidence-based nursing literature and/or research findings.
- Participate in continuous process improvement when appropriate.
- Participate in hospital-related or other community activities that improve the well being of the community.
- Day shift 0600-1630 (Weekdays to be determined)
- Hours: 40 Hours Weekly: Four (4) Ten (10) Hour Shifts
- Call: Required - Weekends & Nights (In addition to 40hrs weekly) / (Schedule to be determined)
- 2 weekends required for device coverage
- On-call Holidays
This Medical Center is a 166-bed regional medical center in Loveland, Colorado with a full spectrum of services and specializing in heart and trauma care.
The Medical Center has two intensive care units, a birthing center and a special care nursery, a medical nursing unit, a surgical nursing unit, and full-service radiology and laboratory departments. The hospital is home to an emergency medical and critical care air transportation program.
Surgical services include general surgery, cardiothoracic, orthopedic trauma and neurological trauma. Robotic-assisted surgery also plays a prominent role in patient care. MCR also has an acute dialysis unit.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.