Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Surgery - Needed - Sacramento, CA
Location Sacramento, CA
Practice Type- Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner - Surgery
Start Date As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner - Surgery - for a hospital located in Sacramento, CA. Below are additional details:
Requirements &Facility Overview
Facility Department: Hand Trauma Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Profession: NP or PA
Schedule: 2-3 nights (6p-6a) of in-house call coverage per week
Duration: 3-4 months
Description: The Hand, Upper Extremity & Microvascular Service in the Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- The Medical Center is seeking a PA or NP to join our specialty surgical practice.
- The APP assists the team in all aspects of patient care.
- This position involves practice in every setting of care delivery including the emergency department setting, inpatient ward, perioperative arena, outpatient clinic and operating room.
- Surgical assistance in the operating room is expected on an occasional, as-needed basis.
- On-call duties may be required on an occasional, as-needed basis.
- Avg. Census/volume: Varies. Less than 10.
- Required: Minimum 2 years of critical care or surgery experience; California APP license; Graduation from an accredited PA or NP program; National certification as a PA or NP within 3 months of hire; DEA & NPI number; BLS; working knowledge of HIPPA regulations; knowledge of medical billing procedures and policies; experience documenting medical records appropriately; ability to lift 25 lbs. And assist in moving patients.
- Must see well enough to read gauges and identify injuries.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods; ability to gather data; possession of computer skills; knowledge of research methods; knowledge of medications, indications, dosage ranges, side effects, and potential toxicity.
- Privileging: 2 weeks
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.