Physician - Orthopedic Trauma Surgery - Needed - Flagstaff, AZ
Location Flagstaff, AZ
Practice Type- Physician -Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
Start Date As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Physician - Orthopedic Trauma Surgery - for a hospital located in Flagstaff, AZ. Below are additional details:
Requirements & Facility Overview
Update - trauma fellowship is not required but recent (12-month experience in level 1 or 2 facility is)
If a candidate does not do (or feel comfortable with) pelvic & spine trauma. Could they still be considered for our locum's opportunity. Or not? Yes, they could work with the other docs to collaborate on those cases.
Is it safe to say, that ANY Ortho doc currently working with/for FBJ or NAO will NOT be considered for our locum's opportunity.? Correct, no NAO or FBJ docs Hannah and OSI fracture table currently.
Typically see around 250 ortho trauma cases per year, which is a level one trauma center.
Typically consulted on around 3 to 5 trauma patients per day
- Orthopedic Trauma - Medical Center - Flagstaff, AZ
- (3) 24-hour shifts (Friday - Sunday)
- ASAP & Ongoing need for 6-12 months
- Minimum need of 2 weekends/month
- EMR Cerner
- The group consists of 5 providers, with 2 dedicated traumatologists.
- The elective orthopedic providers also assist with intermittent coverage with the majority of call being handled by the traumatologists.
- There are roughly 250 traumas that are seen in the emergency department annually, as well as some cold traumas that are transferred in from regional facilities.
- There is a wide variety of patients that are treated including, the general population, geriatric, major multiple trauma, and Native Americans from nearby reservations.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.