Medical Technologist (Direct Hire) - Morris IL.
Location – Morris, IL.
Practice Type- Medical Technologist - MH Laboratory
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
We have an immediate need for a Medical Technologist (Direct Hire) for a hospital located in Morris, IL. Below are additional details:
- DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
A person who performs a variety of laboratory tasks most of which are routine but may be complex in nature in an up-to-date medical laboratory, and may involve numerous steps and techniques and require use of professional judgment. Tests may be performed in Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Urinalysis and Serology.
- 48 semester hours are required in chemistry, biological sciences, mathematics or physics.
- Laboratory training culminating in National Certification: MLT (ASCP), MT (CLS), (AMT), MT (HEW), HTL (ASCP), HT (ASCP) or equivalent in experience. If not certified, must achieve certification within 18 months of hire.
- Must be able to perform all of the routine tests (those tests performed 90 - 95% of the time) usually performed in an up-to-date medical lab.
- Evidence of good health, grooming and professional conduct.
- Desire and ability to cooperate with and/or under the direction of others.
- Possesses a sense of responsibility, initiative and honesty.
- Ability to follow directions accurately.
- Appreciation of and desire to be a part of a health care team dedicated to providing patients optimal care.
- Ability to work closely with Medical Technologists, other technicians, patients, physicians, nurses and other employees.
Located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in Illinois, the 89-bed Hospital serves residents of Grundy County and parts of Will, LaSalle, Livingston, and Kendall counties and is the largest employer in Grundy County. Along with the main hospital campus, services are provided at the Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center, the Radiation Therapy Center, the Hospital Campus, and physician offices in Braidwood, Channahon, Coal City, Dwight, Gardner, Marseilles, Mazon, Morris, Newark, Ottawa and Yorkville. All together, The Hospital offers services in 25 locations.
The Hospital & Healthcare Centers is known for its compassionate and personalized approach to healthcare. This is attributed to the outstanding work of 1, 400 employees, 300 Auxilians, and a medical staff of more than 200 physicians and allied health/advanced practice providers representing most medical specialties. The hospital commits significant resources annually to continually enhance its diagnostic and treatment capabilities.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.