Medical Assistant - Needed in Boulder, CO.
Location – Boulder, CO.
Practice Type- Medical Assistant
Start Date – 9/26/19
Term - 3-5 Weeks
Hours - To be determined
Shift - To be determined
We have an immediate need for a Medical Assistant for a hospital located in Boulder, CO. Below are additional details:
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physicians.
Education or Formal Training
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program, or
- Colorado LPN license in good standing, or
- Pass a national Medical Assistant Certification exam.
- BLS certification required by the end of the conditional period
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Knowledge of medical assistant scope of practice to assist in assessing patient needs and administering and evaluating patient care.
- Knowledge of human growth and development to inform and guide interaction with and care for patients ages newborn to geriatric.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of CLIA, OSHA, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, physicians, and the public.
- Ability to work within a Care Team
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply written guidelines and procedures to standard work practices.
One to two years experience in a clinic preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal and other conditions common to a clinic environment, including blood and body fluids.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally assists lifting and carrying patients weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Coordinates clinical staff scheduling.
- Completes performance evaluations with Clinic Manager and provides input in promotions, disciplinary actions, etc., for clinical staff.
- Assists in selecting and oversees training of clinical staff.
- Coordinates clinical staff training/in-service and monthly clinical meetings.
- Consistent and on time attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Performs selected nursing and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients, ages new born to geriatric for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories, vital signs and thoroughly documents in patient chart.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms in orderly manner with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Performs venipunctures and finger stick phlebotomy, throat cultures, urinalysis, EKG' s, and other laboratory procedures as directed.
- Phones in patient prescriptions and documents accordingly in patient chart.
- Provides patient education and instruction.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. The Facility has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
We are known across Colorado for our clinical excellence in heart care, neurosurgery, stroke care, orthopedics and cancer care. We' re proud of our tradition of being an early adopter of new technologies and medical techniques that improve care for our patients.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.