Licensed Practical Nurse - Geriatrics - Lockport, NY.
Location – Lockport, NY.
Practice Type- RN - Geriatrics
Start Date – As soon as credentialing is complete
Term - 6 Weeks
Hours - 8 Hours
Shift - Evening
We have an immediate need for a Licensed Practical Nurse - Geriatrics - for a hospital located in Lockport, NY. Below are additional details:
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
- Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Pass medications and give skilled treatments to assigned residents.
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
- Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in the performance of duties and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
- Perform other work tasks as assigned by the Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
At the Facility, you' ll benefit from a supportive and collaborative environment where you can develop your skills and make important contributions to the well-being of the residents. Our ongoing dedication to the highest levels of professionalism ensures that you will have the tools, supplies and resources you need to do your job. What' s more, you can form real, personal relationships with the people in your care. Your ability to enhance their quality of life will make your career with Elderwood even more rewarding.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.