Contract -ICU RN - Medical/Surgical (MSICU) Variable D/N - Wisconsin
Location – Central Wisconsin
Practice Type - Hospital (Inpatient)
Start Date – September 2019
We have an immediate need for a MS ICU RN for a hospital located in Central Wisconsin. Below are additional details:
Facility Overview and Requirements
· Contract Length: 13 weeks
· Start Date: 09/03 (Tuesday)
· Guaranteed Hours Per Week: 36
· Shift Requirements: 12 hour variable shifts. 7a-730p and 7p-730a. (must be open to working both shifts)
· Float Requirements: Normally critical care and acute care cluster - CICU, MSIMC, CTU, could on occasion be to the med-surg areas (MAP, OCU, PCU, or PSCU)
· On Call/Call Back Requirements: Picking up call permitted, not required. Response time (if picking up call): 1 hour
· Weekend/Holiday Requirements: Every 2-3 weekends, F/Sa/Sn. Every other holiday
· Required Certifications: WI RN License, BLS and ACLS. CCRN and TNCC preferred, not required.
· Minimum Experience: 2 years
· Charting Experience: EPIC preferred, not required
· Unit Information: 16 Bed unit, Medical - Surgical ICU. Newer unit - 2 yrs old in July. Level 2 trauma; Medical and Surgical Neuro; Sepsis, Respiratory Failure, Alcohol Detox. Clinical lead on 7a-7p, 7 days/wk. Try to have Shift Leader on at nights that also takes patients if needed. Also have CNAs and LPNs to assist RNs. Primary patient ratio 2: 1.
· Primary case/Procedure Type: Stroke care, cerebral monitoring and drains, vents, drips, chest tubes, spinal drains, JPs, some CRRT patients. Due to the geographical area and dependent on time of year, you might see a lot of logging accidents, motorcycle accidents, and snowmobile accidents.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.