Contract - Post Surgical Care Unit (PSCU) RN - Wisconsin
Location – Northern Wisconsin
Practice Type - Hospital
Start Date – October 2019
We have an immediate need for a Post Surgical Care Unit for a hospital located in Northern Wisconsin. Below are additional details:
Facility Overview and Requirements
- Contract Length: 13 weeks
- Guaranteed Hours Per Week: 36
- Shift Requirements: 12 Day/Night rotating. 7a-7p/7p-7a. Will not rotate shifts within the same week.
- Weekend/Holiday: Up to every other weekend. And holiday
- Float Requirements: To alike units; Medical Pediatric (would not take peds patients), Palliative Care, oncology, and potentially to CICU (would not take a patient load).
- On Call/Call Back Requirements: N/A
- Required Certifications to be Attached upon Submittal: WI RN License and BLS.
- Minimum Experience: 2+ years Med Surg experience. Must have recent hospital experience.
- Charting Experience: Epic strongly preferred. If no Epic experience, must have previous electronic charting experience.
- Equipment used: Epic EMR, Rovers for medication scanning, Alaris pumps
- Unit Specific Skillset: Post Surgical Care Unit post recovery after Pacu. 40 bed inpatient area that provides care along a continuum for pre and post-surgical adults and geriatric patients.
- Unit Overview (Patient ratio, etc.): Nurse to pt ratio: day/pm 1: 4 or 5, nights 1: 6 or 7. Fast paced post-surgical unit that averages 10-15 admissions per day with the highest occurring on Day/PM. Occupancy of unit is 70% during the week with average length of stay 2 – 3 days (except joints). RN must have ability to multi task and prioritize patient care needs based on acuity and work as a team.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.