Contract - MLT or MT - Wisconsin
Location – Northwest Wisconsin
Practice Type - Hospital / Clinic
Start Date – July 2019
We have an immediate need for a part time MT or MLT for a hospital / clinic located in Northwest Wisconsin. Below are additional details:
Facility Overview and Requirements
- Contract Length: 13 weeks. Strong potential to extend
- Start Date: 7/29
- Guaranteed Hours Per Month: Please note this is a Part Time position: 80hrs/7 nights. 7 nights ON, then 3 weeks OFF.
- The 7 nights will fall between two pay periods – 45hrs/one pay period, 35hrs on another pay period.
- Shift Requirements: Mix of 11 and 12 hour shifts, 7 days in a row. Work 7 nights, then off for three weeks. Shift starts on a Wednesday at 8: 00PM and last overnight starts on following Tuesday at 8: 00pm. Weekdays start time is 8: 00pm -0700 am and Weekends 7: 00pm-0700am. Open to training/orienting a candidate in a part time or full time capacity - they would like to do a few weeks on day shift to train - but are open to however a candidate would like to schedule that.
- Weekend/Holiday: Every 4th weekend as falls into schedule rotation. Weekends 7: 00pm-0700am
- Float Requirements: May need to float to ED, OB, Med/Surg, Inpatient to provide lab services.
- On Call/Call Back Requirements: No call required
- Required Certifications:
- MT: BS or BA degree and graduation from a school of Medical Technology accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA). Successful Board of Registry examination (ASCP, AMT, or NCA).
- MLT: Completion of training in an approved School of Medical Laboratory Technician. Certification as an MLT (ASCP), MLT (AMT), CLT (NCA) or RMT (ISCLT)
- Minimum Experience: 6+ months experience.
- Charting Experience: EPIC, Beaker lab system - preferred
- Unit Specific Skillset: Generalist role, independent night shift. Strong Phlebotomy skills are a must. This overnight is the only lab member in the facility, providing lab services for ED, OB, Med/Surg, Inpatient. The employee is responsible for overnight maintenance on multiple instruments, works as a generalist in Heme, Coag, Chemistry, Microbiology, Blood Bank, and performs phlebotomy on In-patients for morning draw.
- Scrubs: Any solid scrubs
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.