Contract - Certified Surgical First Assist (CSFA) - Wisconsin
Location – Northern Wisconsin
Practice Type - Hospital
Start Date – August 2019
We have an immediate need for a Certified Surgical First Assist (CSFA) for a hospital located in Northern Wisconsin. Below are additional details:
Facility Overview and Requirements
- Contract Length: 13 Weeks
- Guaranteed Hours per Week: 40
- Shift Requirements: 8 hour day shifts. 0630-1500
- Float Requirements: None
- On-Call/Call-Back: Overnight call 2x per week. Weekend call every 3rd weekend. 1500-0630 during the week – and then full weekend Fri-Sun for the every 3rd weekend.
- Weekend/Holiday: Call every 3rd weekend.
- Required Certifications: CSFA recognized and approved by the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST). AHAH BLS.
- Minimum Experience: 6+ months
- Charting/Equipment: Uses retractors, forceps, clamps, scissors, and needle holders selecting according to planned use, type and characteristics of tissue, and size of patient. Determines specific equipment needed per procedure.
- Unit Specific Skillset: CVOR. Must be able to set up multiple tables with surgical tech for cases. Also involved in turnovers and clean up. Assist with valves, thoracoscopies, off and on pump bypass grafts. Must be able to assist aortic dissection with subclavian cannulation.
- Unit Overview: 3 Cardiac ORs, 21 ORs throughout multiple specialties
- Hard worker, Resilient and Manages Change well, Social candidates.
Catapult Healthcare is a comprehensive national staffing agency and placement firm specializing in both locum tenens physician and advanced practitioners (NP / PA), in addition to travel nursing and allied clinical service professionals. We offer both short and long term contract and permanent placement assignments nationwide.